Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The BlackBird Stealth Fighter


Well my Colonial ship collection would not be complete without the Blackbird Stealth Fighter. The BB was designed to sneak past Cylon detection to deliver a single missile to the FTL drives of the Resurrection ship enabling Vipers to come in and finish the job. It was a great episode and I was very sad when the BB was destroyed after colliding with a Cylon Raider. However... I brought it back to LIFE!!!! tee hee ;P

This version of the BB is scripted for VICE and has a single gun in the front where the missile was placed. I'm planning on installing missiles soon but VICE is a tricky system to work with... especially for novice scripters like me. However.... I was just turned on to a very nice combat system called VCS which promises to be a more flexible and more importantly "user friendlier" alternative to VICE. More on that in a future blog.

People always ask me what I use for sculpting. Now although I'm no pro by any means.... I do however have an assortment of tools and skills that help me get the job done. I typically use Sculpt Studio combined with ZBrush. But for this project I added another handy tool called.... The Prim Oven. To learn more about the prim oven look for it on Xstreet.

The BB is about 98% sculpted, has 2 flight modes, a single cannon, 2 particle engines and sounds, compass and more. It even has the ORIGINAL "Laura" name on the nose and signatures on the left engine taken directly from up close photos of the REAL Blackbird that was sold at auction. A little photoshop magic did the trick *winks*

So I hope you enjoy the BB as much as I do. As always.... upgrades are always FREE!

No comments: